Sunday, April 27, 2008

59. Ernest Hemingway: Rediscovered and 60. A New Earth

This book was mostly photographs of Papa looking macho with his leather vest and rifle on knee or at the helm of his boat practicing his own brand of politics. I can't help myself, I love this guy. I am glad he isn't a law maker or in charge of governing the world, but I sure am glad he existed.

I haven't completely abandoned my 100 book quest, but I have been very sluggish about my discipline for finishing up anything. I did read A New Earth again, but it just wasn't the same, I was hoping that every time I picked up this book I would be overcome with the urge to clean, like I was the first time. It was not so. Either way, it counts.

I am still lumbering through 5 or so books. We will see what happens.

No comments: