Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fluids

Okay, my pup is getting better, and so, I am getting better too. The Hours was the worst book I could have possibly read right now, but I loved it.

Still, she loves the world, and she knows other people must love it too, poor as well as rich, though no one speaks specifically of the reasons. Why else do we struggle to go on living, no matter how compromised, no matter how harmed? Even if were further gone than Richard; even if we're fleshless, blazing with lesions, shitting in the streets; still, we want desperately to live.-The Hours, Michael Cunningham

Book Project
Book 6: I'm A Stranger Here Myself- Bill Bryson p 288

Hopefully I will start this tonight, but I have a BUST magazine I have been trying to slip in. The thing about this reading thing is that whenever I read anything else, I feel like I am wasting time. I need to stick to the plan, there will be blogs and magazines in the future, right now I am about the books. We will see about that.

My infinitely wise fella suggested that I have my polls last longer, so after this one, I am going to just poll every other book. And I am open to suggestions too.

Tonight should be okay. My dog is getting better, my stupid school issue is resolved for the next 48 hours and my fridge is full of Yuengling, so why do I feel so blue? Thanks The Hours, thanks a lot.

No comments: