Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On the Side

I am seconds away from finishing the Bryson book and over all I did enjoy it.

On another occasion, I knocked a soft drink on to the lap of a sweet little lady sitting beside me. The flight attendant came and cleaned her up, and brought me a replacement drink, and instantly I knocked it onto the woman again. To this day, I don't know how I did it. I just remember reaching out for the new drink and watching helplessly as my arm, like some cheap prop in one of those 1950s horror movies with a name like "The Undead Limb", violently swept the drink from its perch and onto her lap.- I'm a Stranger Here Myself- Bill Bryson

I have not been the biggest Harry Potter fan, though I have read all but book 7. However, in light of the recent movie and new book release I am re-reading book 6. It was my favorite and I am going to read 7 when my boyfriend is finished. I wanted to confess because I don't know about the rules concerning re-reading a book. It is about a million pages long so it should count. I am going to count it, unless all hell breaks loose over this decision.

Book Project
Book 7- And Then There Were None-Agatha Christi pages 204
Book 8-Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince pages 652

I watched The Hours last night. I liked the book ending better. I don't think that Laura had to explain herself. I liked conjecturing about her life. The books usually are better though.

I think I am coming down with a bit of a cold because my throat hurts and I am so lethargic. At least after Thursday things will be looking up a little regarding school. I do have another speech on Monday but it is a fun one. I am talking about Old Timey Roadside Attractions.

Toodles

No comments: