Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Morning After...

Well, this morning I thought better of this idea. I figured that it wasn't so important after all, and that it was ridiculous. And then.....none other than Julie Powell commented on this blog. I was giddy and starstruck and also felt a horrible sense of dread. Now I really feel this sense of a mission.

My people and I are in the process of coming up with guidelines which I will post at some point. I need some basic rules to make it all fair.

Today went well, I am on page 150 and still have a couple hours to read tonight. The Pilgrimage is hokey in ways and beautiful in others. It isn't my cup of tea, but it is worth reading for some of the life observations.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Henry - I'm new to blogging, but Julie Powell's book lead me to her blog and now I get disappointed every time I go to it and she hasn't written anything new...yes, I must admit, I check it twice a day! Anyway, I've read your blog now, and I have bookmarked it, so guess what? I'll be checking in on you and eager to hear your progress - definitely go fot it with the 100 books in a year!!!

Also, I am turning 40 in August, and I am going through a early mid-life crisis myself...not married, no children, really don't like my job, and in trouble financially - I played fast and hard in my 20s and 30s and I am paying so much back on the credit cards, it's ridiculous - I knew better!

As far as going back to school and dealing with the snots and administration, trying making a list, pick one snot or administrator or more, a week and work through your fears, resentments, etc. with them in your mind, and then at the end of the week, maybe you can tolerate them and react better and feel less self conscious after the week is over - remember don't let the turkeys get you down!!!

Rae of Sunshine said...

hey dixiesugar,
I have a belated thank you for your advice. I have a group meeting at school today with my trio of turkeys, and it is great to know that out there in blogland I have my supporters!