Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Multitasking

Well, usually I read more than 1 book at a time. I have one I tote around on the bus, 1 I read in bed because it is too big to carry all day, and a throw-away crappy book I can read in the tub or pool. (Because I have dropped them more than once causing the dreaded engorged puffy book syndrome.) Then there are always the books that really can't be read straight through, whether they are short stories, poetry books or just kinda shitty-I always have a stack of those piled up somewhere too.

So on that note, I am introducing a new book to the rotation.
The Amy Tan book is gigantic, and makes for back issues when it is coupled with my laptop and various other beastly textbooks.

Book Project
Book 3: Bookends-Jane Green pages 358

I actually started this book yesterday, but the first 45 pages were pure torture, so I threw it in my pile of books to trade in at the used-book store. I hate it when an author introduces too many characters in the first couple of pages, and though I love most British humor, sometimes I am really turned of by their liberal usage of tampons as a metaphor. But several hours later, I was still wondering about certain characters, and that was reason enough to give it another try. I officially started enjoying this book on page 57. The cover is embarrassing though.

No comments: